At the heart of all great food is fresh, local, peak of the season ingredients. Brian and Paul spent more than a year handpicking the sources for Paul Martin’s® menu. The thorough search produced 40 partnerships with thoughtful, local farmstead producers, 80 percent of whom are located in Northern California – providing fine California Cuisine.
Organic California Food
PlacerGROWN‘s members provide locally-grown, seasonal fruits, vegetables, meats and wines year-round. Our goal is to bring the community together to maintain and enhance the viability of agriculture in Placer County and help people connect with the farmers and ranchers who grow and produce local food. www.placergrown.org
- Superior Farms – Dixon, CA Employee owned and operated since 1963. All natural, no antibiotics or hormones. Small farmer supported.
- Diestel Family Farms – Sonora, CA Family owned since 1949. All natural, range grown turkey, grown longer to develop flavor.
- NatureSource Natural Angus Beef – Beef born and raised in the USA, no hormones or antibiotics, cattle are 100% vegetarians.
- Naturewell Natural Beef - No antibiotics or added hormones. Natural beef that encompasses a truly healthy lifestyle.
- Petaluma Poultry – Petaluma, CA Since the 1920′s. All natural and organic free-range chicken, locally raised and sustainably farmed.
- Strauss American Lamb – Since 1937, providing high quality, farm-fresh meats that are humanly and sustainably raised.
- La Quercia – artisan cured meats or salumi, the best ingredients, produced responsibly, crafted by hand.
- Pitman Family Farms – Sanger, CA Since 1954, Pitman Family Farms has been raising humanely raised chicken without hormones and is air-chilled.
- Bellwether Farms– Valley Ford, Sonoma County, CA Artisan cheese company, family owned and operated by the Callahans, producing the finest sheep and cow milk cheeses in the world.
- Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company - Point Reyes, CA All natural, hand-crafted, certified gluten-free, kosher for dairy, high-end blue table cheese.
- Bravo Farms Cheese Factory – Traver, CA Created without the use of antibiotics, handcrafted in small batches using the finest ingredients.
- Laura Chenel’s Chevre – Sonoma, CA Artisan produced goat cheese, cheeses have a fresh, bright flavor that reflects California climate and environment.
- Ports Seafood – San Francisco, CA Independently owned. Company philosophy is to embrace sustainably caught and cultured seafood.
- Santa Monica Seafood – Rancho Dominguez, CA THE expert in seafood purchasing, processing and distribution.
- Capay Organics - Coastal Range’s Capay Valley Capay Organics are pioneers of the organic farming movement. After more than thirty years of organic farming, Capay Organic grows more than 150 varieties of fruits and vegetables on 700 acres of certified organic land. They practice healthy crop rotation, encourage a diverse ecosystem around the fields, efficiently use local water sources, and carefully select produce varieties that grow well and taste great.
- GreenLeaf Produce – San Francisco, CA GreenLeaf offers a seasonal “farmer direct” program with local farmers such as Yolo County farms, Capay Organic, Riverdog and Tierra Firma.
- LA Specialty – Los Angeles, CA For over 20 years providing the finest line of produce.
- Family Tree Farms – San Joaquin Valley, CA Now in its third generation farming in the San Joaquin Valley, the Jackson family grows over 3,500 acres of premium stone fruit with an all-out focus on flavor.
- Babe Farms – Santa Maria, CA Located in the fertile Santa MariaValley, Babé Farms is a premier grower, packer and shipper of the finest specialty vegetables available.
- Ocean Mist Farms Artichokes – Castorville, CA Family owned since 1924, commitment to provide safe, nutritious Artichokes.
- Weiser Family Farms - Tehachapi, CA bio-diverse farm dedicated to applying sustainable farming techniques, unique fruits and vegetables at their peak.
- Coke Farms – San Juan Bautista, CA Coke Farm has been growing organic fruits and vegetables in Northern California for more than two decades. With a strong commitment to sustainability and good agricultural practices.
- Heirloom Organics – Hollister, CA Has been farming organically since the mid 1970′s at Brians Ranch location, the first farm in California’s Santa Clara Valley to be Organically certified (by CCOF).
- Bautista Dates/Santa Monica Farmers Market Apalonia and Manuel have farmed in Huasna Valley for 25 years. Their crops include cut flowers, vegetables, berries and strawberry and raspberry jam.
- Weiser Family Farms – Tehachapi, CA Weiser Family Farms is a well-known favorite among farmers’ market shoppers and chefs. Their sustainable produce includes many varieties of fingerling potatoes, the best of the summer melons, nantes carrots, mulberries, and much more.
- Gourmet Mushrooms – Sabastopol, CA Founded in 1977, GMI has over 30 years experience growing exotic specialty mushrooms at their farm in Sonoma County, California. In addition to growing fresh mushrooms, Gourmet Mushrooms, Inc. produces a wide range of mushroom mycelial biomass products for the nutraceutical industry. Both fresh mushrooms and nutraceutical products have been Certified Organic since 2003
- Kenter Canyon – Ventura County, CA Kenter Canyon Farms is a family farm located in Ventura County, growing lettuces, herbs, and specialty crops year-round in the fertile soil along the Santa Clara River. They are committed to sustainable agricultural practices.
- Fresh Origins– San Marcos, CA Produces the very best Micro Greens, Petite Greens and Edible Flowers. Located near San Diego, California, they enjoy one of the finest growing climates in the world. Year-round mild sunny weather is the ideal environment to produce a strong, healthy, highly flavored herbs and greens.
- Salad Farm– Salinas, CA The Salad Farm is a family oriented operation consisting of growing, processing and sales. Growers provide the best quality spring mix, spinach and arugula to the industry farming both in Salinas, California and during the winter months Holtville, California and Yuma, Arizona.
- Sun Grown Organics– San Diego, CA For over twenty years, Sun Grown has been a leader in growing and delivering the freshest, best tasting Microgreens, Sprouts, and Wheatgrass. Sun Grown is certified organic by the OneCert and the USDA.
- Earthbound Farms– San Juan Bautista, CA Earthbound Farm’s delicious organic salads, fruits, and vegetables are grown with a concern for the things we all value most — the health of our families, the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the future for our children and generations to come.
- Sausalito Springs– Sausalito, CA Sausalito Springs, a small family farm located in Sonoma County, California, has been growing high quality organic watercress, Nasturtium Officinale, since 1988.
- Hollandia Produce– Carpinteria, CA Hollandia Produce Inc. is a multi-faceted agricultural concern specializing in greenhouse-grown vegetables in CA. All vegetable products are produced hydroponically in state-of-the-art greenhouses where they control light, temperature, humidity, and nutrients without insecticides.
- Joe Marchini – Ventura, Oxnard, Watsonville CA As J. Marchini Farms approaches its fourth generation of management, built on strong values and heritage. Quality, satisfaction, and hard work are timeless attributes which Giampaoli – Marchini possessed 80 years ago, and which have been perpetuated to this day.
- Acme Bread Company – Berkeley, CA Artisan bread made in Berkeley by Steve Sullivan. They use only organic flour and work closely with farmers to select grain for bread flour every year.
- Sadie Rose Baking Company – San Diego, CA Handmade bread made daily, the way bread has been made for centuries in Europe. Each loaf is made by skilled artisan bakers.
- Clover Stornetta – Sonoma, CA Cows are raised on certified organic farms where they are free to graze on open pasture, and enjoy a diet of fresh organic hay and grains. “Organic farming is family farming; an ideal at its best.”
- Mr. Espresso – Oakland, CA Approved by the California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF) as a roaster and wholesaler of Certified Organic Coffees. Family owned and fair trade practices.
- Ventura Limoncello – Ventura, CA All-natural limoncello infusions using selected lemon varietals, grown in the valleys of Ventura County.
- China Mist Organic Tea – Scottsdale, AZ Established in 1982, China Mist® provides the finest whole-leaf teas available.
- Bock Wines and Spirits – San Fransisco, CA Bock Wines and Spirits is a growing medium-sized distributor of domestic and international wines and spirits. As a distributor, they concentrate on obtaining wines and liquors from small family vineyards/distilleries, organic vintners/distillers, and area with unique, hard-to-find quality products.
- Hanzell Vineyard - Sonoma, CA Hanzell Vineyards has six decades of experience and their style for wine making has evolved allowing their winemakers to let the vineyard produce great quality wines.
- Kelly Fleming Wines – Calistoga, CA Kelly Fleming Wines is a boutique family winery producing estate-grown organic grapes to make the 100% Cabernet Sauvignon and farm land in Oakville to produce Sauvignon Blanc.
- Paul Dolan Vineyards – Ukiah, CA Fourth-generation winemaker, invested in creating healthy soil, balanced grapes, and elegant wines that are expressive of place.
- Moniz Family Wines – Rocklin, CA Moniz Family Wines, with a production of around 1800 cases a year, specializing in bordeaux blends from Napa and Sonoma Valleys in CA. , with an emphasis on qualty and value.
- Pacific Edge Wine and Spirits – Agoura Hills, CA Pacific Edge is a California Wholesaler, Importer and Supplier of hand crafted specialty spirits that are domestically and internationally produced. Pacific Edge supplies from Organic Vodka, Organic Gin and Organic Eau de Vies, to small batch bourbons, Gins, Vodkas single casks of Scotch, boutique Tequilas to hand crafted liqueurs made one batch at a time.
- Paradigm Winery – Oakville, Napa Valley, CA Paradigm Winery produces estate bottled red wines from the heart of Napa Valley’s Oakville appellation. Wines are hand-crafted by famed winemaker Heidi Peterson Barrett and have been an elegant expression of the vineyard since 1991.
- Quixote Winery – Napa, CA Quixote Winery specializes in organically farmed Petite Syrah in the heart of Napa Valley’s Stags Leap District.
- Rancho Roble Vineyards – Lincoln, CA Rancho Roble provides Paul Martin’s with their wonderful Chardonnay. “Our Chardonnay is a perfect pairing for Paul Martin’s great Shrimp Scampi, my personal favorite.” -Mark Adams