The date is set, how exciting! Now comes the Bridal Show! You want to mark your calendar for this year’s Dream Wedding Show at the Cal Expo, Sunday February 20th. The show starts at 11:00am, and continues until 4:00pm. There will be an incredible selection of photographers, DJs, Florists, Videographers, Wedding & Event Planners, and other wedding professionals. You’ll be able to compare photography and videography styles, talk to representatives of many of the best reception sites (Paul Martin’s American Bistro), and save time in your wedding planning now that’s something saving! Treat yourself, bridal shows can be a source of cost-saving ideas. Paul Martin’s will be there, serving up our famous Short Ribs with Mashed Potatoes and Horseradish Cream – YUM!
Paul Martin’s has a few tips on the travails of wedding shows, tips to help you through the day!
1. Make a list of the "musts" who and what do you absolutely must see – the fashion show? Florist? Make a list of questions too, that way you won’t forget! Have a notebook, write it down BEFORE you go. Allow some time for the unexpected.
2. Follow your plan. You’ve taken the time, allocated time for those "oh I have to see that" so stick to your schedule. Try not to get side tracked with all the "free" stuff.
3. Bring a calendar to make appointments.
4. Bring a bag there are vendors with samples, brochures, etc.
5. If you are going to the runway show, get there early, or have someone save seats; don’t just place something on the seat, it will be moved!
6. If you are not going to the runway show, this is the best time to visit vendors, it’s quieter, they have more time to talk (and listen).
7. Walk the entire show. Make notes of the specific vendors you want to visit. Compare it to the list you made prior to the show. How does it fit in? Start at the beginning of the show, these vendors have less "brides" at their booths, as most will be in the center of the show.
8. Ask your questions, you’ve written them down"¦Vendors do not have an hour to chat, be specific. If you feel comfortable, make an appointment. There is usually some "special" if the appointment is made at the show. You can even ask what their "show special" is and take advantage of it!
9. If you do go to the runway show and see a dress, write it down. The dress vendor is usually at the show. Go to their booth(s) tell them the dresses you like, find out how much they are and make an appointment. Ask them when they have their "Trunk Shows"; you can save a lot of money! Find out if they have any sales, sample sales, or clearance.
10. Get through your list, follow your plan. Good vendors go early. Do not hesitate!
11. Oh and wear comfortable shoes!
Do you need help with your big day? Call Paul Martin’s American Bistro we would love to host your special day!
El Segundo: 310-643-9300