Paul Muller, Chef Partner of Culinary Operations, El Segundo Paul Martin’s American Bistro, shares his recipe for
Heirloom Tomatoes with Bellwether Farms “Fromage Blanc”
3 slices of Organic Heirloom Tomatoes (mix colors) per person
2 TB of "scattered" Bellwether Farms Fromage Blanc (you can use any soft fresh cheese, mozzarella, buratta, etc)
Pinch of sea salt
Pinch of fresh ground black pepper
1-2 TB EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1 TB aged Balsamic vinegar (or you can cook the vinegar reduce by half and cool for a glaze)
½ TB of micro Basil
1. Heirloom Tomatoes should be at room temperature, slice around ¼" thick. The tomatoes should be of varying colors and shapes for fun.
2. Arrange slices on plate, season with salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle with olive oil then vinegar
4. Scatter the cheese around and on top of tomatoes
5. Scatter the micro basil around and on top.
6. * always remember to add more or less of any ingredient to your own personal preferences"¦
7. * finding the ingredients is half of the fun, visit your local farmers markets and specialty food stores.
8. * contact me anytime @ [email protected]
Paul Martin’s American Bistro
Chef Partner Culinary Operations
2361 Rosecrans Ave, ste 180 – El Segundo, CA 90245